Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Holiday Gift Guide - Assassin's Creed Origins - Xbox One



Ancient Egypt – home of colossal pyramids, gilded tombs, tyrannical god-kings, and the origin story of the Assassins. As Cleopatra’s empire crumbles, the birth of the Assassin's Brotherhood will lead to an extraordinary shift of the world order. Along your journey, the mysteries of Ancient Egypt will be revealed. Assassin’s Creed Origins uncovers the beginning of the Brotherhood. Fight in epic battles, master a completely reinvented combat system, and explore the entirety of Egypt. With the all-new quest system, complete missions in any order you choose, and follow your own path to greatness.



My Thoughts

I'll admit that the Assassin's Creed series hasn't been my personal favorite since they are a little violent. I didn't let my son play them until he reached junior high, but this one even held even my attention. I love Ancient Egypt, and this game really brings those scenes to life. In  Assassin's Creed Origins, you can get explore the tombs of the ancient Pharaohs. Along the way, there are mysteries to be solved, and discoveries to be made as you journey with the original assassin. You will fight enemies and even meet some of the ancient Egyptian deities.

One of the unique things about this game is that you can play the missions in any order.  This makes the experience unique for each person. You can also play alone or team up to play missions with your friends using Xbox Live. The possibilities are endless, and make this a game you can play over and over again.




My son loved playing this game. He found it challenging and interesting. It's a little too hard for me and my Nintendo hands to master, but I really enjoyed watching him play. The graphics are just beautiful. I love the different views of the pyramids and especially loved watching the gods come to life. Watching him play was like watching a movie, and I feel like it's actually teaching him a little about history.

The Assassin's Creed series has been one of my son's favorites. After waiting two years, he was excited to see what they would come up with next, and he was not disappointed. If you'd like to grab a copy of this fantastic game for yourself, it is available now in stores nationwide. You can also grab a copy on Amazon. It would make a great gift for any of the teens of your list.


0 comments: